As a people-centered organization, we are looking for employees who care about kids, families and our community; who exemplify the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility; and who want to improve the quality of life in their communities. The following are positions to grow our current facilities and programs:
Part Time Hourly
Pay Grade: $7.25-$8.50
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for planning and conducting swim lessons according to YMCA and Red Cross guidelines and to help people learn to be safe when they are in, on or around water. To always ensure the safety of class participants while teaching and to promote the four core values of the YMCA.
- Represent the YMCA’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Be familiar with course materials and know how to use them effectively.
- Create a non-threatening environment encouraging participants to meet course objectives.
- Must be cheerful, energetic, and emotionally present and must be a good listener and communicator.
- Cover all material required in a course
- Ensure that participants meet course completion requirements and receive completion certificate.
- Submit completed course reports to Aquatic Coordinator.
- Attend regular trainings as assigned by Aquatic Coordinator
Must maintain an excellent attendance record.
- American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Training and First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
- WSI or YSI Certification
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of infant and preschool aquatic theory and practice.
- Knowledge of progressive aquatic theory and practice.
- Knowledge of lesson planning, administrative and program operations.
Knowledge of learning theory, course design and customizing to adults, persons with disabilities and helping participants meet their individual goals and objectives.
For complete details, click HERE.
Part Time: 20-28 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide a positive, high energy and safe environment within the YMCA facility by being responsible for laundry, mopping and vacuuming, bathroom maintenance and janitorial duties under the guidance of the Facilities Director. Housekeeping staff with keeping all areas of the branch clean, safe and well maintained.
- Follow emergency procedures and safety precautions. Follow procedures for reporting all accidents, incidents, and hazards.
- Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
- Provide Excellent customer Service
- Maintenance of fitness floor and studios
- Bathroom maintenance and janitorial duties
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have successful experience in routine maintenance, janitorial machinery, and application and safe handling of chemicals.
- HS Diploma
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
Interested candidates may stop in and fill out an application or print the application HERE and bring it in. Join our housekeeping team!
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL SITES
We are hiring for two before/after school sites at the YMCA Early Learning Center, Northwestern & Taylor Elementary. These positions will be teachers’ assistants in our programs; the available hours will be 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. & 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., applicants will also be able to request either before or after if they choose. Applicants must have their high school diploma/GED and be able to complete all required training. Child Care experience or pursuing a degree in a child related field is preferred. Elementary Education or Early Childhood degrees are a great bonus. Apply at the YMCA Early Learning Center at 701 St Joseph Dr, Kokomo
SWIM INSTRUCTORS AND LIFEGUARDS
The YMCA is looking for experienced swim instructors and lifeguards to join the family at the Y. Help the youth of today learn to be healthy while they increase their self-esteem and learn life skills such as goal setting and determination.
Childhood development and swimming progression knowledge is needed for instructors, and lifeguards must have a current lifeguard certification.
For more information or to apply, contact aquatics director Katy Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED PERSONAL TRAINERS
The YMCA is far more than a traditional “gym & swim” facility. We are looking for certified personal trainers who understand the heart of the Y is to help inspire people to live a healthier life, in every area. We believe in nurturing and coaching the potential in every health seeker, so connecting with members must be a strong suit.
Personal training hours: Flexible, although early morning, evening and weekend availability is preferred.
a. HS Diploma
b. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
c. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
d. Be a certified personal trainer through National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), or American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) or other reputable certification organization.
e. Minimum of 1 year Personal Training experience
For more information, email China at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
You may stop in and fill out an application or print the application HERE and bring it in. Come join the team!
Group Exercise- LES MILLS Instructors
Make every effort to assist them in attaining their health and wellness goals. Assist with the operation of the wellness center, group fitness classes. Implement Y signature Healthy Living programs. Maintain and enforce wellness center policies and procedures. Maintenance of fitness floor and studios.
a. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
b. Basic Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certification
c. HS Diploma
d. Fitness enthusiast
e. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
For more information, email China.email@example.com