As a people-centered organization, we are looking for employees who care about kids, families and our community; who exemplify the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility; and who want to improve the quality of life in their communities. The following are positions to grow our current facilities and programs:
Reach and Rise Group Mentoring Director
The Y is looking for a cause-driven leader with a passion for impacting youth, as we continue to grow our Reach & Rise Mentoring Program. We are searching for a part-time director for the Reach & Rise Group Mentoring Program, a national YMCA mentoring program that pairs trained mentors with groups of mentees for periods of 8 to 16 weeks.
The Group Mentoring Director must have a background in mental health or social work, with a master’s degree completed or in progress. The director will establish the Reach & Rise Group Program Model by recruiting, training, and matching volunteers, as well as responsible for managing risk. The director ensures uniformity of training curriculum, data collection, outcome objectives, and ongoing clinical support.
For the full job description, click here: RRMP Group Director
For more information, or to apply, send resume and cover letter to Senior Program Director Ikeia Prince at email@example.com.
We’re looking for a warm, engaging cause-driven leader to join our team in membership services. We are accepting applications for evening and weekend staffers to greet, welcome and engage Y members, and help them take their next steps with the Y.
Ideal candidates for the position will have a passion for connecting diverse populations and making everyone feel welcome and at home within the walls of the Y. Compensation ranges from $7:50-$8.75 per hour and includes a free Y membership! For more information, email Erin Larison, director of member engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To fill out an application, click here.
Part Time Hourly
Pay Grade: $7.25-$8.50
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for planning and conducting swim lessons according to YMCA and Red Cross guidelines and to help people learn to be safe when they are in, on or around water. To always ensure the safety of class participants while teaching and to promote the four core values of the YMCA.
- Represent the YMCA’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Be familiar with course materials and know how to use them effectively.
- Create a non-threatening environment encouraging participants to meet course objectives.
- Must be cheerful, energetic, and emotionally present and must be a good listener and communicator.
- Cover all material required in a course
- Ensure that participants meet course completion requirements and receive completion certificate.
- Submit completed course reports to Aquatic Coordinator.
- Attend regular trainings as assigned by Aquatic Coordinator
Must maintain an excellent attendance record.
- American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Training and First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
- WSI or YSI Certification
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of infant and preschool aquatic theory and practice.
- Knowledge of progressive aquatic theory and practice.
- Knowledge of lesson planning, administrative and program operations.
Knowledge of learning theory, course design and customizing to adults, persons with disabilities and helping participants meet their individual goals and objectives.
For complete details, click HERE.
Part Time: 20-28 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide a positive, high energy and safe environment within the YMCA facility by being responsible for laundry, mopping and vacuuming, bathroom maintenance and janitorial duties under the guidance of the Facilities Director. Housekeeping staff with keeping all areas of the branch clean, safe and well maintained.
- Follow emergency procedures and safety precautions. Follow procedures for reporting all accidents, incidents, and hazards.
- Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate, within the scope of the job description.
- Provide Excellent customer Service
- Maintenance of fitness floor and studios
- Bathroom maintenance and janitorial duties
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have successful experience in routine maintenance, janitorial machinery, and application and safe handling of chemicals.
- HS Diploma
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
Interested candidates may stop in and fill out an application or print the application HERE and bring it in. Join our housekeeping team!
Early Learning Center staff
Our team is growing, and we are looking for superstars to impact the lives of kids at the Y! We are accepting applications for a part-time cook at the YMCA’s Early Learning Center.
EARLY LEARNING CENTER COOK
We are looking for someone with a passion for educating and feeding our little ones — with a special love of healthy living and a drive to make a difference. Applicants must have their high school diploma/GED and be able to complete all required training.
Apply at the YMCA Early Learning Center at 701 St Joseph Drive, Kokomo. For more information, email email@example.com
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL SITES
We are hiring for two before/after school sites at the YMCA Early Learning Center, Northwestern & Taylor Elementary. These positions will be teachers’ assistants in our programs; the available hours will be 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. & 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., applicants will also be able to request either before or after if they choose. Applicants must have their high school diploma/GED and be able to complete all required training. Child Care experience or pursuing a degree in a child related field is preferred. Elementary Education or Early Childhood degrees are a great bonus. Apply at the YMCA Early Learning Center at 701 St Joseph Dr, Kokomo
SWIM INSTRUCTORS AND LIFEGUARDS
The YMCA is looking for experienced swim instructors and lifeguards to join the family at the Y. Help the youth of today learn to be healthy while they increase their self-esteem and learn life skills such as goal setting and determination.
Childhood development and swimming progression knowledge is needed for instructors, and lifeguards must have a current lifeguard certification.
For more information or to apply, contact aquatics director Katy Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA is far more than a traditional “gym & swim” facility. We are looking for certified personal trainers who understand the heart of the Y is to help inspire people to live a healthier life, in every area. We believe in nurturing and coaching the potential in every health seeker, so connecting with members must be a strong suit.
Personal training hours: Flexible, although early morning, evening and weekend availability is preferred.
For more information, email China at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
You may stop in and fill out an application or print the application HERE and bring it in. Come join the team!