LIVESTRONG at the Y
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is an evidence based program that helps adult cancer survivors reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis.
We provide cancer survivors a welcoming community, a safe place, and the tools to improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their overall quality of life. Since 2007, the LIVESTRONG Foundation has partnered with YMCAs to develop and deliver LIVESTRONG at the Y.
LIVESTRONG at the Y is available to any adult, 18 years or older, who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
- Small group, supportive environment
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 2:30 pm)
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
- Held in YMCA “Wellness Centers”
- Evaluation includes Functional and Quality of Life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified Instructors
For registration and details, please contact Kit Kieser at email@example.com or by stopping in at our Wellness Desk.